PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES AN ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY ORGANIZED EVENTS UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT. BY PARTICIPATING IN SAID EVENTS IMPLIES YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
The Adventure People Travel Club on Meetup and www.adventurepeople.net or any of its subsidiaries is not a company, but an online community, run by its members. The Organizers are not professional guides and their role is to coordinate the gathering of people at the appointed meeting place for the group to voluntarily take part in the organized Event.
Assumption of Risk & Release of Liability
In consideration of Adventure People (“Group”) allowing you to participate in any Group event (the “Event” or “Events”); you, yourself, and on behalf of your spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability.
1. You hereby represent that (i) you are in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (ii) you are not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair your ability to safely participate in the Event. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to determine whether you are sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event.
2. You understand the physical and mental rigors associated with outdoor activities and other portions of such Events and you understand they are inherently dangerous and often represent an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. You understand that participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and death; loss or damage to property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; accidents, illness, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course conditions; water, road and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined harm or damage which may not be readily foreseeable, and other presently unknown risks and dangers (“Risks”). You understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by your own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the acts, inaction or negligence of the Released Parties defined below, and you hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which you incur as a result of your participation in the Event.
3. You understand and appreciate that you may have to exercise extra care for your own person and for others around you in the face of such Risks.
4. You understand that there may not be rescue or medical facilities or expertise necessary to deal with the Risks to which you may be exposed.
5. You accept sole responsibility for your own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of your equipment.
6. You understand that for most Events it will be necessary to travel by motorized vehicle on public roads and you will be voluntarily traveling as a passenger in a privately owned vehicle, which includes but is not limited to those designed to carry up to 15 passengers, to and from the Event. You assume all Risks associated with this travel and agree to absolve, exonerate, and hold harmless the Group and Event Organizers from liability for any harm or injury resulting from this travel.
You hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the Group, the Event Organizers, Sponsors, Advertisers, Venues, Tour Operator(s), and Property Owners upon which the Event takes place, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the “Released Parties”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate to your participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. You further agree that if, despite this Agreement, you, or anyone on your behalf makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
When organizers charge for their events, this is between you and them, or between you and the direct company charging the fees. This has nothing to do with this group of Meetup.com. Also, the people who post ideas/suggestions and ask for money for their events are not associated with this group other than being a member, so please pay at your own discretion. These financial transactions are between you and them and not this group of Meetup.com or its organizers. This group is not responsible for any possible monetary losses/ financial disagreement.
You understand that this group of Meetup.com may, from time to time, take photographic, digital or video images of event participants for advertising purposes. You hereby agree to allow this group of Meetup.com to use those images for that purpose without expectation of privacy or renumeration.