We are Adventure People, a community of outdoors and adventure enthusiasts, started in Southern California in 2008. We have local groups where members meetup in person and an online community on Facebook. Join us!
As we’ve grown into a travel company, it has become our mission to offer travelers unique experiences that support local communities, protect the environment, and preserve local traditions. We choose our travel partners based on these guidelines. We understand the effects that irresponsible tourism can have on our planet and it is our mission to help travelers discover the world in a responsible way.
Our Commitment to Sustainable Travel
- We work with small, locally owned businesses rather than big international chains.
- We work with local in-country affiliates and partners to sustain local tourism which will help build local economies from the negative impact of tourism.
- We keep our tours small, with 16 passengers or less, to have a minimal imprint on the places we visit as well as avoiding overcrowded locations.
- We take our guests to local villages and regions that may not otherwise reap the benefits of tourism.
- When developing our itineraries, we offer a balance between visiting well known sites, as well as attractions and villages off the main tourist trail. This spreads the benefits of tourism to more remote communities which will overall benefit the region.
- Our culinary adventures are designed to support local businesses and artisans by offering meals that are sourced from local markets and the region’s farmers.
- Travel between destinations might include buses, trains, canoes, rickshaws, and anything that offers variety, excitement, and captures the real local color.
We hope you’ll join our online community on Facebook and find a local group near you to join. And, of course, we hope to meet you on a trip somewhere, someday!
To learn more about our commitment to sustainable tourism, please click here.