Chile & Argentina Explorer
♦ Start: Santiago
♦ Finish: Buenos Aires
Explore Chile and Argentina’s cultural and natural environments on this exciting 9-day adventure! From the wineries of Santiago, the Lakes District of Southern Chile, the majestic mountains of the Andes range, to the steamy tango joints in Buenos Aires, this trip offers a lively taste of South America. Explore Chile’s Lakes District and embark on what is considered one of the most scenic ferry cruises in the world to Bariloche. Build up a sweat hiking in Nahuel Huapi National Park and discover off-the-beaten-path places only accessible by water. A paradise for lovers of the outdoors, Chile and Argentina are home to some of the most impressive vistas in South America.
- Discover Santiago, the vivid capital of Chile, and learn about its eventful past then taste the wine which it is most famous.
- Visit the southernmost city on the Chilean continent before the land splits into a maze of islands and fjords.
- Enjoy one of the most scenic ferry cruises in the world and the only water passage through the Andes mountain range.
- Go trekking and kayaking in Nahuel Huapi National Park, an area with glacial lakes surrounded by the Andes Mountains.
- Discover Bariloche, known for its Swiss alpine-style architecture and its chocolate.
- Experience an unforgettable night of dinner and sensuous dance performances at one of the best tango houses in Buenos Aires.
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip has options for activities ranging in difficulty from easy to challenging, therefore it’s suitable for people with varying levels of fitness. See the ‘Physical Ratings’ section for more information.
- Weather in Patagonia can be unpredictable, so it’s important to prepare for all elements. Rain, wind and extreme cold are all part of the adventure.
- There are a couple of long days of travel so be sure to stock up on snacks. The reward for your patience comes in the form of jaw-dropping scenery.