We’re not just another adventure travel company, we’re a community of travelers who all share a common attitude — we are curious, fearless, and alive!
We Are Adventure People
“Adventure” means different things to different people. For some, that means trekking through the jungles of Africa in search of gorillas, while for others that means trying street food in Thailand for the first time. Whatever form it takes, Adventure People share a willingness to take yourself far from the comforts of home, embrace difference and open yourself up to new cultures and experiences. We’re explorers, not tourists.
Our mission is to build a community of explorers and provide a marketplace for booking incredible adventures around the world. From treks, kayaking, canyoning, rock climbing, whitewater rafting, and other adventure activities, we carefully select our travel partners and experiences to make sure they meet our standards for safety and sustainability while also offering clients a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We’re not interested in shore excursion types of activities. We seek out truly authentic, culturally enriching experiences that are full of adventure. In addition, we offer Travel Club Trips, Sailing Trips, Yoga, Fitness & Digital Detox Retreats, and Extended Stay Trips.
We are always looking for ways to bring our community together, both online and offline. We have a Facebook Community and partnerships with Meetup Organizers around the world who act as local ambassadors for Adventure People. Our Travel Club Trips bring together members from all of these groups, offering a limited number of trips per year to new destinations based on input from our community. These trips offer the opportunity to feel like you’re exploring a destination with a group of friends — because that’s what they’ll be after your trip!
It has become our mission to help travelers discover the world in a responsible way. We understand the effects that irresponsible tourism can have on our planet and we choose our travel partners based on quality and character, their support for local communities, and environmental engagement. We aim to offer travelers unique experiences that support local people and the planet.
Our Commitment to Sustainable Travel
- Adventure People works with small, locally owned businesses rather than big international chains.
- Adventure People works with local in-country affiliates and partners to sustain local tourism which will help build local economies from the negative impact of tourism.
- We keep our tours small, with 16 passengers or less, to have a minimal imprint on the places we visit as well as avoiding overcrowded locations.
- We take our guests to local villages and regions that may not otherwise reap the benefits of tourism.
- When developing our itineraries, we offer a balance between visiting well-known sites, as well as attractions and villages off the main tourist trail. This spreads the benefits of tourism to more remote communities which will overall benefit the region.
- Our culinary adventures are designed to support local businesses and artisans by offering meals that are sourced from local markets and the region’s farmers.
- Travel between destinations might include buses, trains, canoes, rickshaws, and anything that offers variety, excitement, and captures the real local color.
To learn more about our commitment to sustainable tourism, please click here.