This page contains some useful links to information regarding travel advisories, immunizations and health risks, weather forecasts, sun and moon tables, world timetable, currency conversion, electrical requirements, maps, guidebooks, and general travel information.
Most Governments maintain websites dedicated to providing their citizens with the most up-to-date travel information. The websites below publish online travel reports containing the most recent news as well as background information on every country.
PASSPORT & VISAS
U.S. citizens will require a passport, valid for at least six months from the date of departure, for our international tours. Trips to certain countries may require a visa as well. See the Passport and Visa Requirements section of the detailed itinerary document for your tour to determine the exact requirements. If you need a visa, please contact the country’s consulate office nearest to you.
Be sure to check the expiration date and physical condition of your passport and verify the travel document requirements with the consulates of the countries you are planning to visit during your trip.
As of January 31, 2008, a valid passport is required for all U.S. citizens (including infants and children) traveling by air, land or sea to and from Canada, Mexico, Central, and South America, Bermuda and the Caribbean (excluding Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
International guests who plan to take one of our trips in the U.S. will need a passport and visitors from certain countries may need a visa as well. Please discuss this with us at the time of booking.
Here are some helpful websites:
IMMUNIZATIONS AND TRAVEL HEALTH ISSUES
It’s important that you receive the most accurate and up-to-date travel health information for the region you will be visiting. The only one qualified to provide you with this advice is your family physician or a specialist from a Travel Health clinic.
We’ve provided links to a number of websites that contain excellent background information related to travel health issues. Nevertheless, these websites are no substitute for a personal consultation with a qualified medical professional.
- The Weather Channel for 10-day forecasts and historical temperature and precipitation averages for cities around the world.
- AccuWeather for extended forecasts for cities around the world.
SUN AND MOONRISE/SET TABLES
WORLD CLOCK AND TIME ZONES
- World Clock for the current local time for cities around the world
- Currency Conversion to convert the value of one currency into another for most of the world’s major currencies
- Google Maps to view maps of countries and places around the world online
- Hard Copy Maps to purchase hard copy maps for countries around the world
- Moon Travel Guides offers more than 250 travel guidebooks to both U.S. and international destinations with expert travel advice, maps, and trip ideas.
- Lonely Planet offers practical information, recommendations, best-value tips, maps, language guidance, and health and safety advice.
- Fodor’s is a good source for hotel and restaurant ideas.
- Frommer’s is another good source for hotels, trip ideas, etc.
- Rough Guides are good general guidebooks for information about countries all around the world.
GENERAL COUNTRY INFORMATION
- The World Factbook for information about a country’s geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, and more.