Discover Ancient Egypt
October 9-20, 2023
Discover the Land of Pharaohs with its pyramids, bazaars, mummies, and catacombs
11 nights/ 12 days
Starts in Cairo
Ends in Cairo
PLACES VISITED: Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Nile River
ACTIVITIES: Sightseeing, Hiking, Camel Ride, Nile River Cruise, Hot Air Balloon
GROUP SIZE: 15 people max
PHYSICAL RATING: Level 3: Moderate
Discover the Land of Pharaohs with its pyramids, bazaars, mummies, and catacombs. Egypt has a myriad of possibilities to marvel at and discover on this 12-day cultural expedition. Lose yourself in the color and chaos of Cairo’s Khan al-Khalili Bazaar, stand at the feet of Abu Simbel’s monumental temples, set sail down the iconic Nile River, and get a birds-eye view of the Luxor West Bank in a hot air balloon.
This itinerary is designed to showcase Egypt’s rich and varied culture, while offering local connections and a deep experience. You’ll get off the beaten track and explore places with a certified Egyptologist guide and interact with locals in a way no other tour can offer. If you’re the kind of traveler who wants a deeper, more authentic travel experience, not a tour that just shows you pretty monuments, then this tour is for you.
Days Remaining Till This Trip
Book Your Spot Now ⬇️
$1995/ person (double/twin share)
Want Your Own Room?
Single Supplement is $525
A 25% deposit per person is required to reserve your spot on this trip and payment is due in full by July 11, 2023, but you are free to make payments any way you prefer as long as you are paid in full by the due date.
By booking this trip, you agree to the Booking Terms and Conditions.
Interested in learning more about our Egypt trip?
To receive a trip packet with a detailed trip itinerary and destination information, please enter your details below and we will send it to you.
- Get an on-site ancient history lesson when visiting some of the world’s premier historical sites — the Pyramids, Sphinx, and the Valley of the Kings — with an expert local guide.
- Learn how to mount and ride a camel at the great pyramids of Giza.
- Set sail down the Nile — one of the world’s most iconic rivers. Relax in comfort as scenes of everyday life in Egypt stream by and experience day turn into night from your sundeck.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon ride over the West Bank of Luxor to get a birds-eye view over Karnak, Queen Hatshepsut’s Temple, and other monuments, and absorb the incredible scenery.
- Wander the treasure-filled halls of the Egyptian Museum and shop amid the maze in Cairo’s colorful Khan al-Khalili bazaar.
- Head underground and delve into the mysteries of the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa.
- Enjoy an overnight train journey as it rocks you to sleep and wake up in a new city.
- Accommodation as per itinerary in double/twin bedroom (5-nights 4* star hotel; 2-nights sleeper train; 4-nights on Nile River Cruise)
- English-speaking certified Egyptologist guides
- Meals specified in the itinerary (11 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 6 Dinners)
- Overnight Train Cairo > Luxor and Aswan > Cairo
- Private transportation as per itinerary
- Airport transfers for arrival and departure
- Meals specified in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- All Tours mentioned in the itinerary
- Camel Ride at the Giza Pyramids
- 4-Night Nile River Cruise
- Hot Air Balloon Ride over West Bank of Luxor
- Airport taxes and excess baggage fees
- Beverages & Meals not specified
- Gratuities for guide(s), driver, restaurants, and hotel staff
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Optional Activities
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Any Covid-19-related additional expenses
Is This Trip Right For You?
- The accommodations included in this itinerary are 4* star hotels, an overnight train, and a 5* star luxury river cruise ship.
- This tour requires a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 15 participants in order to ensure he best small group tour experience. With such a small group, you’ll be able to enjoy activities that would not be accessible with more people.
- There is quite a bit of walking involved when visiting Egypt’s historical sites and there is no shade at most. You should be prepared to be on your feet for 3-6 hours per day and you should also be sure to bring a hat, sun protection, and sturdy, comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots.
- Temperatures in Egypt in October are milder than the summer. Temperatures in Cairo, for example, begin around 88°F early in the month but drop to 82°F by the end. The evenings border on chilly, ranging from 60 to 66°F and often requiring a jacket to go out at night. Down south, however, daytime highs remain scorching hot.
- A single supplement is available if you’d prefer to not share a room on this trip, but is based on availability.
- On this trip, you will be traveling overnight in a sleeper train for two nights. The sleeper cabins are about 6x49ft and are 2 berths. There are 2 beds on top of each other. Pillows, sheets, and blankets are provided. There is also a compartment next to the upper bed for luggage storage and a small sink. Toilets are located at the end of the carriage. Each carriage has 10 cabins which are all lockable from the inside. If you have booked a single supplement you will be assigned to your own berth.
- During our Nile River Cruise, you will be traveling on the Princess Sarah II Nile Cruise, which has 5 decks (cabins are situated on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th decks). There are 66 double cabins, 2 Junior suites, and 2 Presidential suites. Princess Sarah II cruise provides 5* services for accommodation on board and provides large panoramic/ ultraviolet windows facing the Nile with private bath (w/ bath tub), hair dryer, and all cabins are air-conditioned with individual controls. Cabins are non-smoking with a safe in each cabin. Facilities include a lounge bar and discotheque; a restaurant with an international open buffet as well as set menus according to the cruise program schedule; a reading area, laundry, a swimming pool, a sun deck, and internet.
- If you desire to extend your stay in Egypt, this trip includes an optional post-trip add-on in Hurghada, a resort town on the Red Sea, October 20-23.
Places We'll Visit
Click a dot on the map for details